Farm Products Council of Canada
Established in 1972 as the National Farm Products Council, the council was renamed in 2009 to the Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC). The FPCC mission is to work with its partners to ensure that the supply management and promotion-research systems have the flexibility needed to respond to current and future challenges in a flexible, accountable and transparent manner. The FPCC supervises national marketing, promotion and research agencies established under the Farm Products Agencies Act. The Farm Products Council:
- Works with agencies created under the Act to promote more effective marketing of farm products
- Collaborates and maintains relationships with provincial governments and provincial supervisory boards
- Reviews the operations of agencies created under the Act to ensure that they meet their objects
- Investigates and takes action into complaints
- Conducts public hearings
- Advises the Minister on matters related to the creation/operations of agencies under the Act
Justice Education Society Resources
Before you make a complaint, have you tried to work out your situation by other methods? The following videos and PDFs may help you to have more effective communication when in dispute.
Preparing for a Hearing
If you have to appear at a tribunal hearing, use this Tribunal Hearing Preparation checklist to help you get ready. You may also like to take a look at these videos and PDFs for more about how to prepare your case.